Thursday 16 February 2012

Pottering Only Sunday!

I cheated a little with this one and started a day early!

I decided to treat myself for Valentine's Day this year (on the grounds that I wouldn't be doing anything too disimilar to what I normally do every year except that this year I'd be doing it for me instead (and without the tinge of disappointment that no effort is ever made in return!)!  In fact, I think I'd recommend to most couples that Valentine's Day should really be spent alone!), and I started on Saturday (I'm having two Valentine's this year!).  So, I put on a face mask, then jumped in the shower to use my very nice St. Ives body scrub, then ran a hot deep bath and got in with a large glass of red wine, a few chocolates (in a little dish) and a Dragon's Egg bath ballistic from Lush!

Then I settled down to some romantic drivel on the telly with my Dolcetta, pate, flatbread, olives, pickled onions, beetroot and sundried tomatoes - and another glass of red (of course)!

This well and truly put me in the mood for pottering only on Sunday so I decided to spend pretty much the whole day baking!  I tried a recipe for vanilla/custard buns with jam in the middle from the recipe book LMS and Boss bought me for Christmas - the first batch were um, ...............how to put this............, pretty disastrous.  The next two went much better (although the jam that's supposed to be in the middle of each bun may not be quite in the middle of each.........) but it was the decorating that took the longest amount of time.  I made two lots of glace icing (1 white, 1 red) and went crazy with white chocolate curls, dark chocolate hearts, red shimmer sugar, silver chocolate hearts, pink glimmer sugar, hundreds and thousands etc etc!

Pictures will follow when I post for 'Send Lots of Valentine's Day'.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment