Sunday 20 January 2013

Most Happy Thing This Week!

Right now as I write this...this would definitely not be me.

The boiler I've been raising concerns about with my landlord (for the last 2 years) packed in yesterday and I'm sat in my painfully cold flat waiting to see if my landlord's plumber turns up at all today.  Oh, and I have a virus in my throat and an infection in my ear and have just been put on antibiotics and told to keep warm!

However, there have been happy things this week :-)

Monday was happy when Nikki and Bernie came round for the unveiling of our 'Sister Shoot' photos. Here are just a couple of my favourites (I don't know whether it's the cold or just a glitch of some sort but Blogger is definitely not cooperating when it comes to uploading photos, there are only so many hours in the day so I've gone for a maximum of 4 photos!).

In the process of trying to get the disk of photos to work we had to try a dvd in the disk drive, the one Bernie picked up happened to be my wedding video (which I haven't watched for years!).  Anyway much to my cringing horror they insisted on watching it, in my defense I pointed out to Nikki that the only reason I have a copy is because people die in it.  She was rather taken aback by this until Bernie pointed out that people don't actually die during my wedding while I tried to explain that what I meant was that people in the video have since passed away and it's good to have them captured on video!



 

In other happy news...

One of this week's word of the day made me giggle (largely because it was good to have a name for the state I frequently feel I'm in)...

hypnopompic
adj - Of or relating to the partially conscious state that precedes complete awakening from sleep.

Seeing Les Miserables at the cinema was also a happy thing - despite the fact that I cried most of the way through it!  Absolutely fantastic and thoroughly enjoyed it :-)

And now, several hours after starting this post, my boiler is fixed!!

So, right now as I write this...this may well be me, lurgy and all!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment