Thursday 31 January 2013

Hula Hoop with Wild Abandon Day!


I don't remember ever being able to do this as a kid and I sure can't do it as an adult!

Bernie came round and we gave it a good attempt with the hula hoops we bought last year - don't ask why we bought hula hoops last year as I have no idea whatsoever.  Maybe it was with the idea of converting it into a new fashion accessory...


The only thing I achieved was nausea until I decided that I could still technically achieve this...with my arm.  It's much easier to successfully hula hoop on your arm and I even graduated to tricks - this is where the wild abandon came in when in the middle of showing off by swapping arms mid hula I caught the edge of the hoop, sent it flying towards the ceiling where it hit the light fitting and came crashing back down over my coffee table and knocking my glass of wine all over the place.

And Bernie discovered she could hula - as long as the hoop was round her neck (and it wasn't a pretty sight trust me).

Some people are just too bloody good at it though - if there were classes locally I'd love to start this up as a new hobby!

LED hooping



Fire hooping



Cirque Du Soleil hooping



And who could forget (and who hasn't tried to) this staggering effort...


No comments:

Post a Comment