Thursday 19 January 2012

Look on the Bright Side Day!

A much better start than Be Zen day yesterday - I managed to get up on time!

Had a really good day at work today, really feel like 'I'M BAAAAAAACK' now (Boss has already fired me once since my return so I guess I must be doing something right!)

Also on the bright side Anna arrived in my office with this (down there) gift for me (big smiles)!



Inspired by the recent discussions and searches about this (down there again)!

Iced shorties folks, Iced Shorties!

I've had a little flick through but will be saving the valuable material contained in the covers until the next Biscuit Appreciation Day!

I can't wait until then to share this little chapter though - found in the section which discusses whether the Jaffa Cake is a cake or a biscuit - all about Oranges

When everything else is letting you down, there is one fruit above all others that you can rely on: the orange.  Oranges have a special role in the universe by providing one of the key reference points in our perception of reality, and the bonus is that they grow on trees.  Not only do oranges taste of orange, but they smell of orange.  Their masterstroke, though, was to get a whole colour named after them.Not some dodgy made-up paint-chart colour like 'watermelon'.  No, a proper colour that appears in the rainbow.  To make sure that orange continues in its unassailable position it has even ensured that no new words have entered the English language that might properly rhyme with it.  That's why there's no such thing as a 'boringe' or a 'morange', when plainly these are perfectly good words that deserve a chance.
And finally, THIS really, really (seriously) made me giggle (in fact it made me proper cry with laughter and do the whole nose snort thing too)!!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment