Saturday 28 January 2012

Heidi Satay Friday!

Tonight was another culinary delight at Chez Slimmon!  The bonus was that it was my first visit to the new Chez Slimmon which I have to say is absolutely stunning - good job Broadie and Bill!

We had a cucumber salad generously laced with chilli which gave it a very potent (and delicious) kick, pork satay skewers (beautiful!) and chicken with an orange and something else (sorry Broadie, I've forgotten what it was!) glaze (again beautiful!).

I was told that I'd be eating off these (Helen seems to agree with Pops that I shouldn't be allowed breakable crockery!)!


Luckily she relented and I was allowed to eat with the grown ups on proper plates ;-)

The wine was flowing, the music was excellent and the conversation was lively - all in all a thoroughy enjoyable evening!

Then I got in to another weird situation - oddly enough the taxi company were involved again!  Apart from thinking I'd forgotten my keys again, the driver and I ended up exchanging condensed life stories and he's taken my number as he's convinced he can find me a decent boyfriend - I let him continue with this fantasy as I didn't want to shatter his delusions!

I expect I'll never hear from him again as he'll be far too busy on his eternal quest (rather like Galahad on his quest for the Holy Grail) but we'll see!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment