Monday 22 August 2011

Make Lemonade and Become a BBQ Queen Day!


When life throws you lemons................make a large G&T!

Have BBQ will travel - in the absence of a garden I took my little pink BBQ off to Bernie and John's, donned my tiara and indulged my pyromanic tendancies!

As John did most of the work it was agreed that rather than being a BBQ queen I was more of a BBQ Diva!

(The first photo is of John in my tiara - just in case there was any confusion!)






I don't exactly look convinced do I?!!

And in the absence of a food blender I used Nigel Slater's simple lemonade recipe - for some reason the result made me think of a line from the Spitting Image Star Trek song (it's life (or lemonade) Jim, but not as we know it)!!  I love the fact that we had to make it in a casserole dish because we didn't have anything big enough!  It did actually taste quite nice though!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment