Friday 17 June 2011

Lollipop Day!

I have loads and loads of lollipops on, in and around my desk at work!  This all started when I was stopping smoking and found that lollipops kind of helped, I've got sweet lollipops, sour lollipops, stripey lollipops and special lollipops with chewy centres :-)

This also seems like a good opportunity to introduce you to the lollipop song that my mum used to sing to us when Bernie and I were little - I'll introduce you to the one about paternal suicide (don't jump off the roof Dad) at a later date!

So, here it is.....................

When you come to the end of a lollipop
To the end, to the end of a lollipop
When you come to the end of a lollipop
Plop goes your heart

Oh gilly, oh golly
How I love my lolly
Right down to the very last lick
But when you are through with it
What can you do with it
All you have left is the stick!

When you come to the end of a lollipop
To the end, to the end of a lollipop
When you come to the end of a lollipop
Plop goes your heart

For the first time ever I actually googled this and discovered that it wasn't some random song that my mum made up!  It was actually a song by Max Bygraves a long time ago (and I didn't know about the second verse!).....................enjoy!




And of course once I'd googled one I had to google the other!  Turns out 'Don't Jump Off The Roof Dad' was actually from the great Tommy Cooper!



Well, that turned out to be quite a nostalgic posting!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment