Thursday 23 June 2011

Eating Strange Food Day!

This one's an extra, suggested by Neil in the office - mainly because he has the most random sandwiches most of us have ever heard of and few of us would consider trying!

Neil's sandwich today was actually pretty innocuous - ham, cheese, tomato, mild chilli relish and garam masala.  Previous sandwiches have included cinammon, apple, chilli flakes (or fresh chilli), jam, honey(cheese or ham are usually used as a base for all of these). 


I have to admit that I was very proud of my own 'ultimate' sandwich the other week (I should have taken a photo - I will next time!)..............

slice of bread
marmite
ham
beetroot
piccalilli
slice of bread
peanut butter
cheese
lettuce (grown by my own fair hand)
mayo
slice of bread

Believe it or not it actually worked!  In fact, it was delicious and I could quite happily eat another one right now!

Even more impressive was Fiona's confession that she's been eating rather a lot of chalk (and it has to be white chalk) lately, but then again she is pregnant with twins so I guess she's got an excuse (I can't get past the weird feeling in my teeth whenever I even think of eating chalk - not that this is something that regularly crosses my mind!).

.

No comments:

Post a Comment