Wednesday 30 March 2011

Support a Team

It was a fairly obvious one I'm afraid!  England V Ghana @ Wembly, I thought I'd support England ;-)

In my search for a team to support I did come across this though - top ten obscure sports - extreme ironing and rock, paper scissors, genius!

A couple of my favourite qoutes about teams/teamwork...............
Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage - Bart Starr
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed. It is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead
And a final word (or several) about support.....................it's that time of year again! 

Once again...................on Saturday 2nd July I'm taking part in the St Michael's Hospice Midnight Walk, which is a quarter marathon (6.5 mile) walk (definitely NOT a run!) around Harrogate at Midnight.

Saint Michael's Hospice at Harrogate exists to ensure that local people get the end of life care they want, need and deserve. Living with terminal illness is not an easy journey to be on. Together we can make sure no-one faces this walk alone. St Michael's believe everyone in Harrogate, Ripon, Knaresborough, Wetherby, Pateley Bridge and the surrounding areas should be offered the choice of quality end of life care, regardless of the illness they are living with or the place from which they are receiving care.

Last year they helped more than 1200 people achieve this and want to double this figure over the next five years.

Almost 17 years ago my mum passed away in St Michael's hospice, the support and genuine care that I, as my mum's live in carer, and the rest of the family and friends received from all at St Mike's was invaluable. In order to ensure that the hospice are able to continue to provide this necessary service to local people free of charge I'd really appreciate it if you could sponsor me through my fundraising website:

http://www.justgiving.com/Heidi-Orange2011

For further information on the Hospice and the work they do click here.

Many, many thanks for any support you are able to give.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment