Sunday 1 August 2010

Ponder the Universe Day

Today is Ponder the Universe Day

Hmmm, does it have to be the entire universe?

I don't know what my cat is thinking or why it feels the need to try and self destruct every time I remove the cone like collar ('to protect pets from themselves' which brings to mind a bad American voice over for an equally bad TV show - 'When pets go bad' or some such nonsense) from it's neck, I'm (still) not sure where I stand (or where I'm going for that matter) - whether I'm wasting my time or whether it really is worth the effort, why Donald Duck wears a towel when he comes out of the shower when he doesn't usually wear any pants, whether I'll have a job in 12 months time, whether my landlord will want the flat back in 6 months time, why mineral water that has 'trickled through mountains for centuries' goes out of date next year, why the postman doesn't just give it to the binman and save us the hassle and on and on and on - all of that is MY universe which is quite enough for me to be going on with for the moment thank you very much!

Anyway, I went to Meadowhall today for a wander round and was pleasantly surprised to find there were indeed opportunities for universe pondering to be found in this most unlikely of places!

The Gadget Shop
Laser Cosmos - this is amazing - I want one! It projects a universe across a whole room, how very appropriate!
Castle Gallery
Mark Edwards - The Conversation. I love this painting, I don't know what the conversation's about but it looks to me like he's asking 'why?'.
Alexander Millar - Singin in the rain. I also love this painting although what it makes me feel is the polar opposite of the other one! There's something joyous and childlike about this one.

And that's all folks! I'm off to ponder why my washing machine feels the need to chew certain articles of my clothing!

.

1 comment:

Paul Pickering said...

When Good Pets Go Bad!! Fantastic! Where they show some delusional owner of a crocodile sticking his (yes, it is usually men!)head in its mouth, then getting on this programme after the croc tries to eat him! Brilliant!! I don't ponder the show very often, admittedly, I just love referring to it! things I do ponder: Energy - it never stops, unless it happens to be between myself and half the human population. The other half I understand. Why some people don't like rain, or fog, or heat or pretty much anything; why complain when you can't change it? Cloud busting - I mean, it seems to work, or am I delusional and if so should I buy a crocodile?
Avocados - does the size of its pit defie evolution, or am I missing something?

Post a Comment