Monday 23 November 2015

Parsnip Appreciation!

Parsnip appreciation day - I used to really, really dislike parsnips. 

But then I also couldn't stand bacon until my Dad made me bacon sandwiches when I was about 5 or 6 and was really poorly having just come out of hospital - I can still picture him walking in the room with the plate of quartered butties, I don't think I've every tasted anything so good (except maybe cream crackers smothered with Primula (ham or prawn) and then topped with thinly sliced cheddar)! And I used to refuse to eat spaghetti so while everyone else was tucking into spag bol I just had the sauce with cream crackers, I also wouldn't eat any of the tuna kedgeree type dish we used to have except for the tuna so used to sit for ages picking tuna flakes out of rice!

Happily I grew out of all these strange dislikes and now enjoy bacon, spaghetti and all of the tuna, egg and rice dish!

Anyway, I digress. Back to parsnips...

Rather than doing the usual roast parsnips I made some crisp honey mustard ones which were delicious and also some parsnip hash browns which were surprisingly very good (thanks to John's grating skills!)!







No comments:

Post a Comment