Wednesday 23 May 2012

What Dreams May Come...


This is nothing to do with the film (great film though) - I'll include the trailer though before I get on with telling you about the latest in a long, long list of bizarre dreams.




I had weird dreams most of the week last week (they stopped on Friday!) but most noticeably I had two bizarre dreams straight after each other on the Tuesday.

In the first one the main bit I can remember was that Bernie and I were running through a shopping place (like the white rose or something) making our way down the levels (it was perfectly round like a helter skelter).  We were in a hurry (I don't know why) but seemed perfectly happy.

(oddly the above scene regularly appears in my dreams).

We got outside and split up (we were supposed to be meeting up later), as I was running away (I don't know why we were running all the time) I thought I heard Bernie call my name and then someone else was calling it from the street I'd left her on.  I turned around and went back up the street where I encountered a large blind man (kind of like a very fat Fagin with milky white eyes) in shabby clothes with two birds (like mini falcons) perched on one of his hands.

He was calling my name in a kind of sinister way, then Bernie came out of a shop doorway and came towards me, there were loads of other people around but all of a sudden they all turned towards us and two of them came really close and leaned over us, one was an old woman with a very white face and white hair (crone like) and the other was a shadowy big dark man.

Bernie looked at me (I must have been a little bit taller than her because she was looking up at me slightly) and she looked absolutely terrified, then she said 'we need to get away from here' and I woke up instantly.

I daren't go back to sleep for ages, you know when you get that heart racing, irrational fear in the middle of the night after a nightmare!  I was so tired and fought to keep my eyes open partly because I was afraid and partly because everytime I closed my eyes I landed right back where I'd left off in the dream.

I made myself sit up in bed and think about nice things (not raindrops on roses etc - that song scares me for some reason) then when I did eventually go back to sleep I had another bizarre dream!

This time the dream was centered around a hospital, I was a patient and I'd had some sort of bizarre partial leg amputation.  Warning - it gets a little gruesome here...they'd cut through most of my right leg just above the knee (from the back towards the front) but not cut through the skin etc at the front, then they'd bent the leg (basically the wrong way) so the inside of my leg was open and exposed (like an open tin), done what they needed to do, bent the leg back and sewn it back on!!

For some reason I was then outside on a lovely sunny day stood at the top of a hill with a group of people, next thing we were all scared and running away from something (and now I've got Brotherhood of Man's Angelo stuck in my head!).  Debbie grabbed hold of my jeans just above my amputated and sewn back on leg and was trying to pull me faster down the hill because I couldn't run and I was in danger.

I somehow made it back to the hospital and suddenly had crutches, I was making my way back into my room and I noticed Bernie was in the room.  Suddenly John came up behind me, pushed me out of the way (I fell over with my crutches) and he and Bernie started arguing.  I got up, went over to John, got right in his face and shouted at him to never, ever do that again.

Then the alarm went off.

I think I need to reintroduce more cheese into my life - my dreams have got increasingly bizarre since I cut down!

Having discussed my dreams with various people it was agreed that I was trying to/wanting to run away/avoid something in real life (both dreams featured running) but that there must be some constraint preventing me avoiding the thing I wanted to avoid (leg amputation).  Not that I was trying to avoid leg amputation (which is something I do naturally as part of my daily routine) but the amputation signifying the constraint in real life.

Anyway, I'm pretty certain that I know exactly what inspired my dreams but this is neither the time nor the place ( I hate it when people do that!).

I'm sorry it's been another epic post - but to finish I just had to include this!

No comments:

Post a Comment