Thursday 3 May 2012

Plant Something and Watch it Grow!

I've been watching something grow for over a year now - Pops and Olive brought me a little chilli plant some time ago.  It  flowered heavily last year but unfortunately only produced 5 chillis (one of which Webby just took off the plant and ate whole), it's a two year plant and has been flowering well again, most of the flowers are dying off now but there's still loads more budding :-) 

So far it looks like I have 1 chilli - woo hoo (the ones you can see on the plant are dried out from last year!)!



I felt I really should plant something but I did cheat a little...

I've somehow managed to kill off one of my extremely hardy peace lilly plants (let's not talk about Bob, ok?) and was left with this...


So I took a piece of this (with a bread knife)...


And made this (see, I planted something)...


 
I'm sure no-one will notice this (if I turn the plant round so the gap is at the back)...

 

And finally, the end result is this (it'll look better once the plant grows in - assuming it survives the surgery)...



Update:  I checked the chilli plant more carefully - there's actually about 8 little chillies growing :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment