Wednesday 2 May 2012

Jump in Puddles Day!

You're not kidding - it was more of a challenge to avoid puddles today!

The constant, and at times torrential, rain of the past few days (which is forecast to continue for some time yet) has caused the puddles I've been manoeuvring around on my way to work to finally converge this morning and create a bloody great lake all the way across the path.

I'd already walked about 3/4 of the way and wasn't going to let it get the better of me by turning around - a few steps into it though I realised that the dip in the path, which usually doesn't effect my journey at all, was now several inches below water! 

Not to be defeated I reassessed the situation and took the only action possible in this situation...

I went commando (no, not that sort of commando) and clambered/slid up the muddy bank along the side of the path, scaled along the fences at the top until I'd circumvented the 'lake' then came back down on the other side where I proceeded to stomp my way through the succession of puddles all the way to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment