Monday 28 May 2012

Cheesy (or just plain odd) Euro Pop Day!

It was a fantastic night at the annual Matthews/Clare Eurovision shindig - the food, wine, company and entertainment were all excellent!

Of course the evening necessitated another pavlova - which Bernie noticed was kind of like a flag, totally unintentional though!


The least said about our entry the better I think - other than that if Ireland hadn't given us points I'd have won £10 for us coming last!

My favourite was Lithuania - I loved this one (despite the fact that we were howling with laughter when it started!)!



I was torn between Albania and Turkey for the most appalling acts (how on earth did they get any points at all never mind doing as well as they did?!). At least Turkey's was hilarious, there was nothing whatsoever redeeming about Albania's efforts!







After the 'voting' etc was over we got down to a spot of dancing - I'd been asked to teach belly dancing this year but didn't have time to learn how to do it so we stuck to the old favourites of achy breaky heart, the conga, Superman, YMCA and Ooops upside your head (which was done admirably badly by Denis, Debbie and myself - it got better when Bernie took charge but, to be fair, not much!)

I have belly danced (kind of, in a fashion) before - on a boat in Turkey, it was a fantastic holiday and I'd definitely do a gulet cruise again!



 
I have to admit that, as a result of the bizarre 'dancing' and the vast amount of laughter, I have muscles hurting today which I didn't even know I had!

So, my mission for the next 12 months (amongst several others!) is to learn how to belly dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment