Friday 13 April 2012

Great Outdoors Day!

Which was also Good Friday, a fortunate thing as I was guaranteed to be out and about!

So, the day started (after the epic 'staying out late' night) with 45 minutes sleep, a quick shower and then hoovering while I waited for Kevin, Ray and Ken to collect me (purely because I daren't sit down and wait in case I fell into a coma-like sleep!).

Some time was then spent in the car before getting a good lung-full of salty 'great outdoors' Whitby sea air :-)

The weather wasn't great but it was certainly good enough to ensure a climb up the steps and a wander around the Abbey and the little church before retiring back indoors to sample some very good fish and chips!

(Lots of photos coming up)




















I was so focused on my search for rock (I'm sorry but you just can't go to the seaside and not return with some rock!) that I missed another sight which Ray commented on, apparently we were passed in the street by a woman wearing leopard print with her hair scrapped tightly back on her head and a face like a 'boiled shite' - classy!! I'd never heard this phrase before but Ray assures me it's quite common in Ireland!

Next in the quest for great outdoors type stuff was a visit to Mount Grace Priory, I'd never heard of the place before but it was a lovely little place which also does open air theatre productions during the summer. After seeing the living quarters I've decided that I'd make quite a good monk, a better monk than a nun certainly!







Finally, after a good dose of Outdoorsiness it was back to Kevin and Ray's for nibbles (including a fabulous M and S farmhouse and chorizo pate) and wine before returning home later (I almost saw the 24 hour clock go round twice!).

.

No comments:

Post a Comment