Tuesday 13 March 2012

Funniest Thing This Week!

This would have to be my Friday morning conversation with Boss!

It was kind of one of those 'you really had to be there' moments but I'll try it out on you anyway.

I'd slept in on Friday so this was by way of a welfare call - I wasn't technically late as it was still before 10 but I was later than my usual 7.45/8am start.  Once I'd reassured Boss that I was in one piece, coherent and functional the conversation went a little like this....(I'm paraphrasing btw)

Boss: Now that's done I feel like I need to go for a diet coke break but I'm not sure I should according to all the news reports.
Me: What news reports, what have I missed?
Boss: They've found that something in the colouring can cause cancer in mice.
Me: (Pause) I think you'll be alright since you're not a mouse.
Boss: Explanation about how they either had to say on the packaging that it could cause cancer or they had to change the ingredients, mind you, you need to drink about a 1000 cans for any detrimental effect.
Me: (incredulously) They gave 1000 cans of coke to a mouse?

You know those moments when you find something so funny that you just can't stop laughing and just when you think you're over it, you start again?  This was one of those moments (in fact I'm rolling around laughing just writing about it (and at the Dr's with Bernie on Friday evening when I was telling her which embarrassed her no end!))

Anyway, Boss was struggling to breathe with laughter and had to hang up on me so he could compose himself.

He'd sent me a text message shortly after advising me that the bad news was that he'd succumbed to the diet coke craving but the good news was that there hadn't been any mice in the queue.

Unfortunately, due to my phone battery being flat, I didn't recieve the text until Friday evening.  I was drinking a can of coke at the time, laughed, and snorted it through my nose (attractive) and all over me.

Karma.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment