Saturday 19 November 2011

I Don't Know What Day It Is Day!

Alas, I am, so far, unable to locate the diary detailng all the days and, as I remain in seclusion at home (and have just been signed off for another 4 weeks), I can't access my Outlook calendar at work (which includes all the diary days) so I have no way of knowing what 'day' it's supposed to be! 

So, until I can be reunited with either the diary or Outlook I'm just going to make it up as I go along :-)

The title of this post could very well have also referred to how I spent my week in hospital (from which I am now having some quite disturbing flashbacks) and my first week back at home.  One of my tablets, or something to do with the combination of tablets I was taking was making me feel very, very out of it (for want of a better description) until I spent the weekend having some sort of 24 hour stomach bug (thank you whichever visitor brought me that!) during which I couldn't even keep down a sip of water (it's also very difficult to throw up when you have difficulty moving your neck lol!). 

This also meant I wasn't able to take any of my many tablets.  Personally I think this actually turned out to be a good thing as the pain is, for the most part, bearable and I'd rather have the pain and be lucid than have no pain but also feel as doped up as I did!  Being off the pills and feeling more human has definitely helped from a psychological and emotional point of view anyway and I feel much more positive than I did!

I'll try not to focus future posts entirely on my ongoing medical marvel but I don't have much to work with at the moment (I haven't been outside for  3 weeks, I've watched a series and a half of Grey's Anatomy, series 2 of Rome, series 4 of The Tudors, series 2 of The Big C and series 2 of Gavin and Stacey - if I start on Jeremy Kyle I'm going back to work no matter what anyone says!) but I'll do my best!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment