Sunday 6 November 2011

Crowned Dens Syndrome Day!

I've got quite a few posts to publish from week before last and I'm sure I'll get around to them at some point over the next week.

You may (or may not) have noticed that I have been absent for a little while, unfortunately this is not because I was sunning myself on some beach somewhere or because I was whisked off my feet by a handsome stranger.  Instead I was taking up residence at York hospital for a week where - after 2 MRI's, 2 CT's, 3 lumbar punctures, fluid drip for 48 hours, IV morphine, canulas in both arms and hands to take blood until my veins went into hiding - they discovered that I have a rare condition called Crowned Dens Syndrome.


There are only arouund 35 previously reported cases in English medical literature - the doc's were all fascinated, I just felt like I was in an episode of House!

Anyway, I've now been discharged (with lots of pain medication) and will be at home for at least the next two weeks recovering and getting back to as normal as I can ever hope to be.
 
In the meantime I'll do my best to catch up on here but please be patient with me!
 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment