Thursday 1 September 2011

Bring Back an Era Day!

Last year I went for the 50's (ish), this year it was 80's (ish)!

It was kind of a mish mash really, Auntie Betty provided the madonna (ish) gloves and incredible hair thingy (technical term), Helen provided the leg warmers and jewellery - I'm told it all combined to create a very 'Desperately Seeking Susan' look!  I'm loving the gloves/wristband/rings combination and have to admit that it was with great reluctance that I took them off!







It was 80's music all the way today (and I found quite a good 80's music site here) including New Kids on The Block, Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Tom Petty, Madonna, Richard Marx, REO Speedwagon, Luther Vandross, Michael Jackson and Wham!

And the day was finished off with a couple of classic 80's films (Mannequin (I LOVE this film), Romancing the Stone and Jewel of the Nile :-D)

Thinking of 80's films (apart from making me realise there are far too many great films from the 80's to even think about making any sort of list!) reminded me of Ghostbusters which, in turn, made me think of this.......



..............and Star Wars which, in turn, made think of this.........................



Knowing this day was coming up prompted me to grab a couple of photos of my Popples during a recent visit to Pops and Olive!




.

No comments:

Post a Comment