Monday 10 November 2014

November Week 1!

I did get excited about Fireworks day – but technically I did it last week when I went to the Stray bonfire and fireworks!

I’m going to rant a little bit here I’m afraid (come on, it’s aaaages since I last had a good rant!…I had the genius (in my opinion) idea of taking buttered finger rolls, fried onions wrapped in foil, sachets of tomato sauce and mustard, and hot dogs in a thermos flask with us (and a few chilled beers of course).

So, I ordered 8 large finger rolls and 8 jumbo hot dog sausages for home delivery (with the rest of my shopping of course) from a local supermarket – let’s call it Asda shall we. As usual the order was heavy with substitutions and, as usual, some of them defied all logic. They’d substituted the 8 Warbuton rolls I’d ordered for 8 Asda rolls (which was fine) and then, being unable to find a single jar of hot dogs in the whole store, had substituted the 8 individually wrapped jumbo hot dogs I’d ordered for 2 (yes just 2) of those vile and manky microwave hot dog in a bread roll things!! So I was left with 10 bread rolls and 2 hot dogs.

I mean seriously, WTF??

Anyway, a quick trip round the corner to the co-op rectified the situation and off we went! I still maintain that it was a genius idea – it would have helped enormously though if the wind had died down enough to not make it very difficult to build the hot dogs when we got there.

And if we’d had more hands.

Still, it was fun, the fireworks were great and and the hot dogs were still hot :-)

 









 


There was also supposed to be a Powerballad Day this week but I substituted it instead for a Counting Crows Day when I went to see them live in Leeds. The evening started off with dinner at the Nation of Shopkeepers – which includes a pickled onion monster munch burger – which was very good and then it was on to the O2 Academy for the show, which was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment