Wednesday 4 July 2012

Canada Day!

As Ken's canadian it would have been rude not to participate in Canada Day!

A few decorations...




...and msic by canadian artists including Paul Anka, Celine Dion, Michael Buble and Sarah McLachlan, quotes from various people including  Al Capone (I don't even know which street Canada is on) and Pierre Berton (A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe), a famous Canadians 'Who Am I' quiz (ok, there's no way I expected Ray to guess William Shatner simply from "I'm an actor born in 1931") and a quiz for Ken which led to the surprise rendition of Skiny-ma-rinky-dinky-doo (more about that later) made for an interesting event.

There was also a small sampling of Poutine (chips, cheese curds (I used mozarrella) and spicy chicken gravy) and Canadian butter tarts (not at all pleasant I have to say but apparently not at all bad for my first attempt!) followed by ice cream and maple syrup (which was very nice!)!

Now, I apologize in advance - you may find this song in your head for some time after listening to it...



Apparently it's made the list for the next Eurovision, and know we have the actions I suppose there's no excuse not to learn it!

Heaven help us.

And I've just realised that I forgot part of my Canadian Trivia on Sunday...
In addition to the worthy Canadian inventions of the Bone Marrow Compatibility Test,  Insulin (as a diabetes treatment), the cardiac pacemaker, the paint roller, alkaline batteries, sonar and the walkie talkie they can also claim responsibility for  the invention of Superman, Trivial Pursuits, the wonderbra, the handles on cardboard beer cases, egg cartons and the garbage bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment