Sunday 31 July 2011

Free Hugs Day!

Bernie and I were appearing 'live at Argos' for a couple of hours on Saturday morning collecting money for the Teenage Cancer Trust so I thought it'd be an ideal opportunity to try a little 'Free Hugs'!

Ok, so what I originally had in mind was something along the lines of this..............



However, this isn't Italy, we're nowhere near as unreserved in the depths of Harrogate and I'm not a glamourous Italian!

We did have a great time though - I ended up handing out balloons to kids (and playing with them) and at one point had several on sticks in all my pockets, I was pretty close to looking like I was wearing an outfit made of balloons!  It was slighly disturbing when one child got upset - turns out she's scared of balloons so I was her worst nightmare!

Still, having persuaded as many people that I knew as possible to pop in for a hug this seemed to encourage others and, as free hugs go, it was a pretty respectable attempt :-)

And, let's face it, you just can't beat a good hug!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment