Sunday 16 January 2011

Duvet Day!

Yesterday (Saturday 15th January) was Duvet Day!

This was perfect timing after a late night (well early morning return!) out the night before!  I had the perfect excuse to stay in bed til lunchtime (under my duvet) which is round about the time I expected to wake up, so why is it I was wide awake (and a tad worse for wear) at 07:15?!!!

So, I brought my specially purchased (good old Asda smartprice again ;-) single duvet downstairs to the sofa - btw I've had the duvet cover since I was a kid, it's almost as old as me but in better condition!



The duvet was immediately claimed by Rosiebear!



We agreed to share..............................



or it could be that she was trying to suffocate me for single ownership!

I then fought to stay awake through El Cid, you can't beat a Charlton Heston/biblical epic for a duvet day, drifted off a bit in the middle but then came round again for the last hour or so.

I was planning to also do the extra 'devote significant time to comfort food (particularly mashed potatoes)' thing today - I got as far as crisps and cup a soups which I'm not sure really counts!  Thankfully Bernie and John invited me round for tea (yes, I took my duvet with me - in fact I went in my pj's with my duvet) and we had roast pork and all the trimmings - just what the doctor ordered and definitely comfort food on this ocassion!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment