Monday 6 January 2014

Small steps...

My first week with the new diary has gone well (ish) - largely cos there's not much in it for the first week!

I was supposed to be preparing for 2014 world domination on Dec 30th but I confess that, unless watching 4 episodes of the Tudors whilst eating roasted whole elephant garlic and baked camembert counts, I didn't do much in preparation.

On the 3rd Jan I should have given in to legwarmers but was at my Dad and Olive's enjoying a couple of days away with John and, whilst we were definitely well wrapped up, would you believe it I forgot to pack my legwarmers ;-)



I did manage to successfully break a resolution on the 5th though - I missed Dan Burnett's first gig of the year at the Pitcher and Piano (I'd resolved to see more live music this year - particularly Dan's), and I don't even have the excuse that it was school night as I'm off work today! Rubbish!

However - today, in my quest for world domination, I have fearlessly tackled all my paperwork and a few small projects that have been looking at me accusingly from under the chair where I'd hidden them, sorted through the 2 annoyingly crammed kitchen drawers and hung (and filled) the lovely necklace hanger Rachel bought me for Christmas (and I managed to do all of this despite the fact that the cats have taken to booby-trapping the floor with assorted mice (not real), balls and feathery things - all of which they've now arranged in a way which has me seriously considering whether thay're trying to communicate, and not necessarily with me!)

I do have all year to achieve my domination right?

No comments:

Post a Comment