Wednesday 10 April 2013

Superhero Day!

This is not a Superhero Day of the kind we've come to know and love (my costume remained firmly packed away)...

Hancock references in the early hours of the morning aside - today I exhibited superhuman strength and willpower in the battle not to do what every cell in my body told me I wanted to do (which would have more than likely resulted in some destruction and possibly injury!) .

In fact, despite literally seeing red (I never actually believed that was possible) and contained with a rage so colossal that I could feel every vein in my head strain and throb and my blood boil, I used superhuman effort to swallow it down and effect (eventually) a calmer exterior.

And at the end I'm left feeling curiously drained, is this normal for Superheroes?  Does Superman feel the need to just have a hot bath and go bed once he's hung his cape up?  Does Batman want to tell Robin to just go away and leave him alone for a while? Does Wonderwoman ever leave the house, wonder where she left the god-damned invisible helicopter, turn around and go back inside and give it up as a bad job?

Abject apathy has become my superhero power, loss of hope that anything will change has become my shield, and my new found I-don't-give-a-flying-rats-arse (yes, that should have been the f word) attitude (which will probably go away at some point) will ensure that I blend in perfectly with my current surroundings.

Meanwhile back where some sanity remains...

Russian Skywalkers
Ukranian Daredevils (and his name's Mustang Wanted - a Superhero name if ever I heard one!)





No comments:

Post a Comment