Friday 12 April 2013

Gaze at Clouds Day!

In the words of intrepid time traveller Sam Beckett (yes, I'm well underway with my Quantum Leap viewing)...

Oh boy.

I didn't just gaze at them, I gazed through them! 

I set off all the alarms on depature from Leeds Bradford and had to be 'wanded' - I still set off all the alarms so I had to be body searched (NOT strip searched) during which I was asked whether I had any studs or other piercings in certain places - turns out my trouser fastening and the metal part of a certain item of women's underwear were causing unusual sensitivity in my case!  On the plus side, I left feeling like I'd had a light-touch all over massage.

Bearing in mind that I haven't been on a plane in 10 years I was more than a little nervous on take off - I'd obviously forgotten how absolutely beautiful it is up there.  I could have happily stayed up there gazing at the clouds for hours rather than the 45 minutes it took to get to Southampton.

And I enjoyed it every bit as much on the way back (also less nervous at take off) - managed to get myself through security with no issues this time.  Myself yes...my handbag no.  I don't understand why this happens to me!  Anyway, after having my bag examined and tested for who knows what we eventually made our way through to the departure lounge - I'm convinced that Neil (who breezed through both) now sees me as some sort of travel liability.  Let's face it, anyone who's ever had the 'opportunity' to travel with me knows that this is often indeed the case in some form or another!

Anyway, it brought to mind the opening credits of Quantum Leap (the cloud bit obviously - about 0.51 in this clip).



I suspect it'll be a long time before I do 'Gaze at Clouds Day' in such a great way again!

No comments:

Post a Comment