Monday 21 September 2015

Funny weird pineapples!

Notice small things Day - Sometimes I fail to notice big things! I am making a conscious effort to focus on the small things though (every day) - and be grateful for them.

Recover from weird phobia Day - I've been trying to recover from my phobias for years haha! I seem to be doing this backwards - rather than getting phobias and recovering from them, the older I get the more I find there is to be afraid of!


I'm ok with spiders though, don't get me wrong I don't like them but when it comes to dealing with them in the house I'm definitely the man! 

This also applies to spiders in cars. When Bernie came to pick me up from the hospital after my nose op (can you believe it's been a year?!) she drove me home with an increasingly blood soaked bandaged face and deposited me at home with John. About a minute later the doorbell rang and it was Bernie asking for John's help (I thought she'd pranged the car as she'd driven away), when neither of them returned I grew concerned and hobbled downstairs (I was still wobbly from the anesthetic) to see what the problem was.

They were both stood there looking tentatively into Bernie's car for the spider she'd seen as she'd driven away and which she was unable to continue her journey home with. I knew that John was the last person who'd be able to help with an emergency of an arachnid nature so I ended up rooting around in the drivers area to turf the uninvited passenger out. 

I unsteadily extracted myself (and spider) from the car and turned around to face a cowering Bernie and John with a glass containing my eight legged captive in my hands and what looked like a blood soaked giant tampax taped to the middle of my face just as some poor chap walked past.

I dread to think what he made of the bizarre scene in front of him but by his concerned "Is everything alright here?" I assume it didn't look good.

Be thankful for pineapples Day - I do not like pineapples. 


And people who put pineapple on pizza are just wrong.

I also don't like digestive biscuits.

However...

...combine the two, add some squirty cream and a cherry and you have a surprisingly good dessert (I know, it just sounds so wrong - even to people who like pineapple and digestives)!





My mum used to make these when we were kids and everyone loved them!

Tweet something amazingly funny Day - That would be this blog, obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment