Saturday 6 September 2014

June Mission - The Results!

And this is where it all started going wrong a couple of months ago! I'd been writing my June results post all through the month of June and had put loads in there - then I deleted it by accident. I was so peed off with myself and couldn't bring myself to start again, but, I'm caught up now so here's take 2 (which is an abbreviated version of the original!)...

So, my June Mission was...
 
June Mission

Perfect the art of the Flipside
Turn any situation to your advantage
Love the rain as much as the sun
See the positive on the underside of every
negative

Go forth and ALWAYS see the flipside
 
This month included telling you about The Way of F**k It, a fantastic little book Helen bought me a few years ago, and which led to the whole grounded foot statement thing (in case you were wondering) - anyway, f**k it, read the book, it'll make you smile (and possibly write things on various parts of your body in permanent marker pen).

 
As for loving the rain as much as the sun...I've always loved the rain anyway so this wasn't a problem. For a collection of rain themed songs read this post here!
 
And finally...we were hoping to be able to get away for a short break abroad during our week off in June but finances wouldn't allow. However, the positive of that negative is that we wouldn't have been able to have the great week at home which we had instead, we wouldn't have been able to go with Maddie to have her stiches out or enjoy;
 

  • Harlow Carr Gardens (where we saw some lovely art and learnt a bit about the art of bonsai)
  • Lunch al fresco at Cafe Rouge (in the blazing sunshine!)
  • Free 4 course meal and wine at The Majestic Hotel (with free goody bag too!)
  • Day in London (with £10 upgrade to 1st class on the train)
  • Roman day out in York (where we ate lunch in the most haunted pub The Golden Fleece and then went on the fantastic York Terror Trail - highly recommended!)
  • Walk to Ripley and back (where we ate our sandwiches in the rain and failed to get an ice cream!)
  • Lunch at the Slug and Lettuce
  • A couple of great nights at Charlie's!










 

 




 








 




 
 
And of course June was also the month I saw the amazing Billy Ocean with Bernie (thanks Bernie!) and did my Geordi La Forge impresson haha!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment