Saturday 21 June 2014

Treat Your Body Like a Biscuit Eating Temple!

Ok, so this week (week before last) I was supposed to treat my body like a temple one day and then like a biscuit eating machine the following day.

In my experience it's usually the other way around, gluttonous over-indulgence (and it's never biscuits - unless it's cream crackers almost obscured by vast quantities of cheese) followed by a brief period of remorse induced abstinence.

Given that I'd already achieved the eating 7 types of biscuit challenge the previous week I decided to forgo the biscuit eating machine element of this particular week and progress straight to treating my body like a temple.

Which pretty much meant ignoring the currently almost constant pain in my neck and hip and the incessant hunger pangs brought on by the steroids I'm currently on and focusing instead on walking to and from work every day (and refusing any kindly offered lifts) and dancing to the just dance game on the Wii (with very little evidence of either co-ordination or rhythm) for 30 minutes each night before knocking myself out with my painkillers and going bed early because I can't eat if I'm asleep - I'm not entirely sure what sort of temple I'm trying to achieve here but I really don't think any of these 10 most beautiful temples in the world have anything to fear ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment