Monday 16 June 2014

Biscuits and Wild Abandon!


Wild Abandon Day - I was kind of wildly abandoned when Bernie and I went to see the fabulous Billy Ocean, starting with a lovely early bird meal at b.e.d and followed by a bottle of prosecco! Right from the very first song we were on our feet and dancing at the front along with a sizable amount of the audience.

Unfortunately this included one woman who took wild abandon a little too far! She was of amazonian proportions and had imbibed a little too much alcohol - this resulted in her throwing herself around in a fairly tight group of people and smacking several people in the head with her flailing arms. Of course she was blissfully unaware of the carnage she was causing which was only brought under some control when a few of us (including her clearly embarrassed friend) pointed it out to her, the result of which was aggression and abuse!

She then proceeded to just lean drunkenly against the back of yours truly and attempt to jump up and down at the same time - I've never been that close to another human being before without being naked.

(Close enough that her gyrations resulted in her necklace getting caught up in the back of my top).

It was mildly gratifying though, after listening to her screaming suggestively at the stage (mostly via my ear) throughout the evening, to see her embarrassing, and increasingly desperate, offers getting firmly knocked back, one by one, by every male band member at the end of the night.

If I ever behave like that when I reach that age (or at this age even) I would hope that someone would do me the favour of shooting me.

Eat 7 different types of biscuit day - I don't really do biscuits but having had a scrounge around (and thanks mainly to Auntie Betty who supplies the majority) I did manage to find a piece of well preserved shortbread and mini gingerbread man left over from Christmas, a caramel wafer, a chocolate covered marshmallow teacake, a lemon and raisin shortbread biscuit, a cream cracker and a proper ginger which is actually quite impressive in this household!

 
I can make up for it though with the accompanying tea in the mug which Anna got me for a previous biscuit related day! And I couldn't mention biscuits without including a nod to the long gone but never forgotten Iced Shortie!


The other thing for last week was to lie in sunbeams - if I'd found even the merest hint of one I'd have happily had a lie down!

No comments:

Post a Comment