Wednesday 13 February 2013

Create an Air of Mystery...

I actually did this unintentionally on Saturday night when a very nice and funny chap I know expressed his interest in me and asked to take me out to dinner.

I've chatted to him a few times but we don't know each other very well although it's known in our mutual social circles that I'm single, rather than go into a long and complicated story I just told him that I wasn't available at the moment but that it wasn't anything personal - I'm just not interested in dating anybody at the moment.

This led to a long discussion where I was made privy to the potted history of his relationships and I told nothing of mine - this only seemed to interest him all the more though.  I'm sure he thinks I'm hiding some tragic story of lost and impossible love!

Which sent me off on a google mission where I found 50 quotes about lost loves, I particularly liked these two...
“I know that's what people say-- you'll get over it. I'd say it, too. But I know it's not true. Oh, you'll be happy again, never fear. But you won't forget. Every time you fall in love it will be because something in the man reminds you of him.”
― Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

“Wherever I go, whatever I do, I wonder where I am in my relationship to you, wherever you go, wherever you are, I watch that pretty life play out in pictures from afar”
― John Mayer
 

No comments:

Post a Comment