Wednesday 7 November 2012

Big Bang Saturday!


Last year I was on my way back from York hospital while the fireworks were going on, I just have a vague memory of being slumped against the window seeing the sky light up every so often.

This year was much better!  Wandered down to the Stray with Bernie, lit a sparkler, managed to successfully resist the temptation to raid the hot dog stand and enjoyed 15-20 minutes of ooohing and aaaaahing (no matter how much you're determined to not stand there making stupid noises along with everyone else it's a totally involuntary reaction and you just can't help it!) - I love the ones that reverberate right through the ground and you can feel in the pit of your stomach - awesome!

Of course this was then followed by the obligatory 10 minutes of cursing as we tried to make our way back home amongst the hundreds of idiots that seem to come out of the woodwork at this event.  I saw some staggering (literally in some cases) examples of sheer stupidity, there was more chance of injury, maiming or death in getting home than there ever would be in attending the firework display!!

(I'm also starting to think that when I say that I never want to live with anyone again I actually need to think about it in terms of miles and radius!)

Apologies for the amount of photos - just be grateful I deleted the many, many others!

















 
Speaking of photos - check out my talented friend's website, and she's offering special discounts on portraits for Christmas!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment