Tuesday 30 October 2012

Crunch in the Leaves!

An extra for this month is to crunch in the leaves - walking over them doesn't count. To get this one you've got to really, really crunch through them kicking them up as you go along.

Fortunately the majority of my walk to work is absolutely strewn with leaves of all colours but, in an attempt to preserve some dignity (too late you say?), I wait until I get to the long ginnel/snicket/whatever you want to call it until I start jumping around like a big kid kicking through them but I still can't resist a little dignified shuffle (as I try to to restrain the grin) through the piles of leaves on the main route.

When you do get to the 'off the beaten track' bit though it's a little like 'Heidi and her amazing technicolour carpet'! Because the paths are never swept and there's been a fair amount of strong breezes (to put it mildly) over recent days the path is literally covered in a thick carpet of myriad colours in well defined stripes.

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before my mad capering about (and attempting to remain alert for fear of witnesses) results in an encounter between the getting-slightly-slippy path and my nether regions!



No comments:

Post a Comment