Wednesday 6 June 2012

Jubilee Celebration!

Now where else could this be done in style other than the Matthews/Clare abode?!

I dressed for the occassion in a little red, white and blue ensemble I just happened to have tucked away (I admit, I was planning on wearing it for Bastille Day when we go to celebrate at Mirabelles but I'm not averse to being seen in the same outfit twice!) - including red, white and blue jewellery and hair accessories.

And the finishing touch...


I drew the line at red, white and blue make up - I do have some standards you know!

I'm saving the colourful make up for the clown outfit when I walk the St Mike's Midnight Walk.

It was the usual fabulous fayre food wise (I do like the pies from Weetons!) and Kevin had put together a little royal quiz, surprisingly my particpation resulted in a prize (it was my kind of quiz - even the loser got a prize)!



(Yep, Kevin had spotted the same little tins of chocolates in M&S as me!)

Then we had a kind of 'Guess Who' quiz where we'd all researched an English Monarch and had to give clues as to who we were.

I went for Caroline of Brunswick (Queen consort of George IV) as I liked the idea of scandal and the fact that she was banned from the coronation of her husband!

Ken did a very stirring Edward I (the Hammer of the Scots) although it did make me want to break out in a spot of William Wallace "they will never take our freedom!"

We watched the jubilee concert with mixed feelings of horror (I'm sorry Cliff, Elton and Paul but it's really time to call it a day) and enjoyment (Tom, you can come back anyday and Alfie...you can come back everyday!).

I did like Charles's speech and the fireworks at the end were spectacular, all in all I have to admit to feeling a tad emotional and patriotic. I did get swept along with the whole feeling of watching a piece of history which'll be played back long after we're all gone. Momentous stuff.

And to top it all off Kevin produced a gift bag each as a thank you for sharing the occassion.






Spoiled again by the Matthews/Clare household!

No comments:

Post a Comment