Monday 6 September 2010

Happy Sunday

Sunday 6th September was Happy Sunday!

It's taken me so long to publish the post because it's taken so long to load all the photos!

It was a very Happy Sunday indeed! Pops (Daddy!)and Olive spent the weekend with me for my birthday (it's not my birthday for a couple of weeks (well it'll be closer by the time I publish the post!) but they're going on holiday so won't be here). I requested fish and chips for tea on Saturday (I'm easy to please!) and Pops made one of his renowned pavlovas (and now I wish I'd thought to take a photo of it!).

We toddled off to Roundhay Park on Sunday morning and took in the Monet garden




the Alhambra garden



































the Tropical World (lots of photos coming up - sorry!)












I also asked to visit the smaller lake in the park as this is a very special place for me and somewhere I haven't had the opporunity to revisit since it became a special place. It's the place I said goodbye to Michael, one of my best friends who died a couple of years ago (not at the lake!). The last time I was there it was night - very dark, January - very cold. There were fireworks, music (well, Ride of the Valkries on my mobile), flowers, tears, falling in the lake, ambulances, and laughter. It was strange to see it in the warm daylight but comforting to see what a really beautiful spot it is. When we were visiting the Chelsea Garden (in the speciality gardens at the patk) Pops and I were standing in front of the small central pond when, out of nowhere, a white feather drifted down in front of us, the sun was reflecting off it so it glowed pure white. It's a common school of thought that white feathers are a sign of angels - I've kept the feather!

We went to York Gate Garden next,I took loads of photos but you're not allowed to put them on the internet!!

And if you're not feeling the happy yet here's a little something to help you along.....................



.

No comments:

Post a Comment