Monday 7 December 2015

Start Getting Excited About Christmas!

EPIC SUCCESS!

I started this about a month ago when I started watching Christmas movies, some may say it's too early but I stick my tongue out to them! If it makes you feel warm and glowy and more inclined to be less intolerant of the other humans then you should get as much of it as often, and as soon, as you like! 

The excitement really ramped up this week though when we put the tree up - when I say put the tree up it's code for turned the house into a grotto!

That nice Mr Matthews bought me a gingerbread letter to Santa which came with red icing so I could write my own message to him so I got on with that first...



I made sure I was suitably attired, the music came on and the sherry came out and we made a start by decorating the bedroom and the first tree...



Bonnie seemed unimpressed with my striped elf leggings (and really didn't like the jingly elf slippers), she did love her own festive outfit though!






John made an interesting addition to the Nativity...


...and was also in charge of decorating the ceiling!


And I did the shelves....I did have a bit of a wobbly moment when I came across Rosie and Jemima's stockings so I put their stockings with them on the shelf along with a Christmas flower arrangement - and then bought Bonnie (and Clyde - because everyone else had one) a stocking which turned out to be much larger than expected and had to be hung at the side of the fireplace rather than over it with ours!



Next came the fireplace...




...and the coffee table became a candle table!



We put our Christmas Story advent calendar up and the second tree to be decorated was John's Bonsai - I knew if I kept hold of the miniature old-fashioned wooden ornaments they'd come in handy one day! 




And then we came to THE tree, the base finally broke (the tree's from when I when I was a young child so it's done very well for it's age!) so we had to secure it all with string, then we discovered the lights were broken so had to go into town (a 35 minute walk each way in horrendous weather) but it was worth it in the end (and I much prefer the new lights) - despite the fact that whichever way you photograph it the shape of the tree resembled the sorting hat in Harry Potter!






 Apparently most people don't decorate their bathrooms - a missed opportunity if you ask me!


No comments:

Post a Comment