Monday 12 October 2015

Panda Pride!

Be proud of yourself Day - ?

Flirt Outrageously Day - ??

Jump out of something Day - ???

Learn about Pandas Day - This!

4 challenges in one week and, let's face it, the other 3 didn't stand a chance when one of them involved learning about pandas!

I already know a lot about them (like the fact that they have S shaped penises - which may well explain the reproduction difficulties ha!) so decided to use this day as the perfect excuse to hop on a train to Edinburgh (as you do) and go and see a live one for the first time!!

Now anyone who knows me will know that I have a huge collection of panda themed 'stuff' (a large amount of which is regrettably packed away at present), and there's not a room in our home where at least one panda can't be found. Not to mention the 2 small, and discreetly placed, panda tattoos I have.

I took a few photos of some of the pandas round the house (after just doing the lounge and kitchen I thought it best to stop!)...



























Eventually I'd like to go to China to visit a panda sanctuary but in the meantime this is the next best thing, and was something there was no way Bernie was going to let me do without her being there to witness it! So off we trotted to Edinburgh Zoo to see the Ailuropoda Melanoleuca.

We couldn't have picked a better day, it was ridiculously hot and sunny, the views were incredible and we timed our panda viewing slot perfectly!




Apparently the male (Yang Guang (meaning Sunlight)) tends to get restless towards the end of the day so he kept coming in and out of the indoor enclosure to see us!










I added to my panda collection with a few bits and bobs...

...and I did learn that there's a panda tartan!

No comments:

Post a Comment