Monday 20 July 2015

Bring back Champagne!

Bring back an era Day - done!

I actually did this a couple of weeks ago when Mr Matthews and I visited the annual 1940s Day celebration at the Valley Gardens :-)


The efforts some people went to were incredible, wonderful to be sat in the Montpellier (having the most amazing Sunday lunch) watching people walking past in full costume!


Make something from scratch Day - I do this a lot (jewelry, cards, Christmas stockings, candle centrepieces and other ornaments, random crafty things etc) and had a recent 2 day constant blast (in a an effort to distract myself) of making jewelry so am having a break for a couple of weeks!


But here's what I did then (minus a few bracelets now in Bernie's possession!)...

































Drink Champagne just because Day - ah, another favourite!

It wasn't champagne but Bernie and I did polish off a couple of bottles of Prosecco (and I'd already had quite a bit of Pimms!) sat in the sunshine at the Harrogate International Festival (HIF) Big Screen event (Wimbledon final) last Sunday - the two Johns stuck to beer in favour of fizz. There's just no educating some people.








It was another busy weekend for the HIF this weekend with the Theakstons Old Peculiar Crime Festival at The Old Swan Hotel so I saw little of his nibs, I did manage to see some of the activity when I wandered over to meet him from work prior to it all starting, all very exciting and the tents etc looked fantastic! And an added bonus was that he managed to get one of my Mark Billingham books signed by the man himself :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment