Thursday 21 August 2014

July Week 3!

Do a motivational speech Day

Well this one was fortuitous! I was asked by my local hospice, St Mikes, if I’d mind speaking about my experience of the hospice to a group of solicitors at a thank you event they were holding for the support shown during their recent Make a Will Month.

Despite not being a confident public speaker I jumped at the opportunity to do something for this very worthwhile cause which is so close to my heart and to feel as though I’m able , in a very small way, to give something back for the amazing service they provided my family when my Mum was terminally ill.


It was a fantastic evening, the speech went well (with just a slight wobble in the middle) and I felt quite proud of myself for getting through it at the end – my hands carried on shaking for about 10 minutes after I finished speaking though haha!

One in four patients is cared for thanks to a gift left in a will. I have a will, I knew about the option to leave a legacy for charity and had every reason to do so but still didn't - until I was directly asked the question, at which point it was so obvious that I couldn't believe I hadn't done it years ago.

One day I, or you, or one of our loved ones may need one of the many services provided at the hospice, personally I’d like to be able to expect the same level of care and support experienced by my family 20 years ago and we should all play whatever role we can to safeguard that provision for many years to come.

Leave a will, leave a legacy.

Be at one Day

With what? I’m far too conflicted to be at one with myself, being at one with nature just makes me think of being arrested, being at one with God is not happening, all in all I think being at one with the sofa is the way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment