Thursday 4 July 2013

June Togetherness Mantra - The Results!

So, in that lovely month of June did I in fact...

* Tell Jokes - I'm not allowed to do this anymore, I told my donkey joke once and I have a sneaky suspicion that the future of my relationship depends on me never telling it again!

* Pay compliments - Yes, I did this, I liked people's hair, clothes, artwork, cocktails, badminton moves, music, jokes (just cos I'm not allowed to tell them doesn't mean I can't appreciate other people's!), personalities in general and probably a lot of other stuff which I can't even remember!

* Send things in the post to people I love - I sent a telegram to a certain someone from this fantastic little website, a birthday card to my 'challenged in every way' uncle and I almost sent a Father's Day card but delivered it in person instead!
     
* Make it my mission to spread togetherness wherever I go - I think I can claim partial credit for spreading a little togetherness and being there at the start of a new relationship, admitedly John smacking the poor lad round the head and telling him to just get on with it probably had more influence though! It was National Kissing Day (you can find everything you need to know here) this month although I admit I was very selfish with my kisses and reserved them all for one person. And my final act of togetherness (that I can mention on a public forum) was to take part in the St Michael's Hospice Star Walk with 800 other people - dressed as a pirate (just me, not all 800 of us!).


     
* Test the theory that there are only six degrees of seperation - yes, it's true there are indeed. In fact sometimes there's less than six and it's a scarily small world...which isn't always a good thing!

* Meet new people - yep, met lots of new people both at work (it's been a workshop-tastic month) and at home (Chap who remains too good to be true is introducing me to folks!).
     
* Say yes a lot - um, yeeeesss! Probably far too much for my own good!

* ...and just kind of see what happens and where things take me - ok, I think it's fair to say that I didn't expect it to take me to the park, in various panda type hats, in the early hours of the morning after a bottle of tequilla  (despite the fact that this appears to have been my idea). 

Yes, June, you kind of were the month of go-with-the-flow-who-knows-where-we'll-go!

No comments:

Post a Comment