Wednesday 1 May 2013

Make Up Your Own Day Day!

I really don't know what to call this one...

Take Someone You're Trying to Get to Know Better to the Cemetery Day?

Doesn't exactly trip off the tongue does it!

Aunty Betty set me a challenge some time ago to find my ancestor's gravestone (pictured below) in the cemetery across the road from me.  It's been moved around on my 'to do' list  (otherwise known as 'The Spreadsheet Which Runs My Life') but the potential sale of the church land finally motivated me to get down there and have a look.

So why not, thinks I, also take the opportunity to see just how receptive the 'far too good to be true' chap I met a few days previously is to my particular brand of...well, just odd really.



 
And the answer is...very! 
 
Really enjoyed poking around the cemetery and fairly quickly got the line of sight for the gravestone - there's a big house in the background now though!  Anyway, with my sense of direction, I could have easily spent a lot longer actually trying to locate the stone itself but fortunately 'far too good to be true' chap (with a better sense of direction than me) homed in on it almost immediately.
 
Considering its age it was actually in pretty good condition despite being laid flat for safety (which I suspected would be the case) so I took a couple of photos for Betty before we wandered on to look round the rest of the stones.
 
Never let it be said that I don't know how to show a guy a good time!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment